How To Buy
Zabuni Coffee offers a place where roasters from all over the USA (and other countries) can come to find the coffees they are looking for without having to travel to Africa to source for themselves. The coffees that farmers send us will continue to be owned by the farmers until they are purchased. The method by which the coffees will be sold is by auction to the highest bidder or "buy it now". Since we are running an auction service, Zabuni is not buying the coffee, we cannot specify the selling price of the coffee. Prices will, of course, fluctuate naturally with prevailing market conditions. Note that the selling price is determined in large part by the quality(cup score) rather than the grade(Screen size). The auction will take place at our physical location but will also be broadcast live via the internet so that buyers can bid in real time from anywhere in the world they happen to be and have their coffees shipped. The auctions are open to anyone duly registered who wants to participate. Buyers take possession of their purchases as soon as their payments clear.
Our goal in this process is to bring buyers (roasters) from all over the US and the world to our auction platform to bid on the farmers coffees directly , and to arrange for the safe storage of the coffees until the sale is complete. We will help buyers find the particular coffees that meet their individual needs from the coffees we have in stock by giving them the opportunity to cup the coffees for themselves and sharing with them the profile of the growers who sent the coffee to us.
We aim to have a fast turn-around time for selling the coffee. Each lot will be cupped and profiled by our employees or appointed agents before being approved for sale via our platform. This ensures that all the coffee that is sent is indeed specialty coffee according to the SCA scale. If it does not meet specialty coffee standards, we will not sell it via the Zabuni auction. We aim to sell the coffee as soon as is possible after arrival into our warehouse.
Advantages to Roasters
- Direct and verifiable process — transact and interact directly with producers
- Cost savings — Reduce costs on costly sourcing trips, stateside cupping
- Enhanced efficiencies in procurement and support of coffee (3-5 business days after procurement)
- Peace of mind — Personally verify everything before purchase
- Consistency — Always have specialty Kenyan coffee available from different regions
- Access & Variety — Top choice, lowest prices, traceable to source
- Reach — Digital and in-person auctions ensure fairness and efficiency
- Discovery — Access new Coops, Estates, and Origins