How To Buy
Zabuni Coffee offers a place where roasters from all over the USA (and other countries) can come to find the coffees they are looking for without having to travel to Africa to source for themselves. The coffees that farmers send us will continue to be owned by the farmers until it is purchased by our customers. The method by which the coffees will be sold is by auction to the highest bidder. Since we are running an auction service, not buying the coffee, we cannot specify the selling price of the coffee. Prices will, of course, fluctuate naturally with the ups and downs of the worldwide market. Note that the selling price is determined in large part by the cupping score rather than the grade. The auction will take place at our physical location but will also be broadcast live via the internet so that buyers can bid in real time from anywhere in the world they happen to be. The auctions are open to anyone duly registered who wants to participate. Buyers take possession of their purchases as soon as their payments clear, which will take at most a few days, if not instantly.
Our goal in this process is to bring buyers (roasters) from all over the US and the world to our auction to bid on the coffees sent to us, and to arrange for the safe storage of the coffees until the auction is complete. We will help buyers find the particular coffees that meet their individual needs from the coffees we have in stock by giving them the opportunity to cup the coffees for themselves and sharing with them the profile of the growers who sent the coffee to us.
We aim to have a very fast turn-around time for selling the coffee. Each lot will be cupped and profiled by our employees or appointed agents before being approved to be sent to our auction. This ensures that all the coffee that is sent is indeed specialty coffee according to the SCA scale. If it does not cup above 80, we will not sell it on our auction. Once the coffee arrives at our warehouse, we aim to offer it at auction within 30 days.
Advantages to Roasters
- Direct and verifiable process — transact and interact directly with producers
- Cost savings — Reduce costs on origin trips, stateside tasting
- Enhanced efficiencies in procurement and support of coffee (3-5 business days after procurement)
- Peace of mind — Personally verify everything before purchase
- Consistency — Always have coffee available from different regions
- Access & Variety — Top choice, lowest prices, traceable to source
- Reach — Digital and in-person auctions ensure fairness
- Discovery — Access new Coops, Estates, and Origins